Last Updated on : June 10, 2022
We respect the privacy of our visitors and understands the importance of privacy to visitors to our web site. We collect and store information so that we can efficiently provide information to our users. This privacy statement is designed to help you understand what information we gather and what we do with the information.
Personal identifying information, such as customer names, street or e-mail addresses, phone numbers, delivery locations, or any other information which, when used by itself or with other data, might identify a customer individually is only collected if a customer sends it to us voluntarily as part of using our service. Personal identifying information also includes personal health information (e.g., health history, including drug and treatment histories, electronic patient records, whether in image or text form, and medical insurance information). We may also use this information to offer you the opportunity to receive notices regarding other Asahi products or services and to further personalize your experience on our site. Personal identifying information is used only for our legitimate business interests, to establish customer credit, fulfill contracts for services, billing functions, answer patient questions, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. At times you may provide personal health information in order to purchase our products or to obtain answers from experts (such as in connection with the Asahi bulletin boards, chat rooms and other interactive web pages). If we request personal health information, we agree to maintain the confidentiality of this information in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. You agree to provide only the personal health information that is specifically asked by us and you shall not submit such information in any other form, including e-mail or through chat rooms, other than through our Secure Server (see Security, below).
By giving Us your personal identifying information, you grant asahibev.com and other website that link to it, Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd., and its affiliates and subsidiaries the right to use this information for reasonable business purposes and in a manner consistent with our policies and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. We do not sell, rent or disclose your personal identifying information or medical information to any third party, except as described in this section. We may contract with reputable vendors to assist us in processing information or delivering the items that our customers order. These vendors are restricted from using or selling the information for any purpose other than helping us to provide the products and services. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, online traffic patterns and related information to reputable third parties, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying or health information. Finally, if disclosure of any information is required by law or by an appropriate government authority, we will comply accordingly.
You may, at any time, remove your personal identifying information from our current customer database. If you have submitted personal identifying information to us and you wish to have it removed from our records, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, for our record keeping purposes, we will retain your personal identifying information you submitted for any previously completed contractual transactions.
By using this web site, you agree not to disrupt or intercept our electronic information posted on this web site or on any of our servers. You also agree not to attempt to circumvent any security features of our web site, and to abide by all applicable, local, state, federal and international laws.
In the “Contact” sections of our site, we do ask for some personal information, such as name and mailing address, but this information will only be used (by Asahi solely) if we need to contact you directly to respond to questions, comments or inquiries. We do not use this information for other internal purposes, and we do not share it with anyone outside of Asahi. Your e-mail address will not be used for any purpose other than responding to the message you’ve sent. We also reserve the right to use the information to selectively notify visitors about updates, products, services, activities or upcoming events. By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by Us. Users may have the option of submitting registration information to us. “Registration Information” means personal and billing information you submit when registering with us for newsletters, specials, updates, or additional services available through us. The Registration Information you submit will be used by us for purposes of operating and any other internal business purpose reasonably related to such operations. Except as otherwise prohibited under this policy or the law, we reserve the right to disclose to third parties certain information contained in our registration files.
“Data Protection Requests Contact Information”
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information“). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website, or passively from clickstream data that website cookies gather.
- From third-party services or vendors. For example, from buying information from social media services like Facebook or Instagram, search terms, or data brokers.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our [Website users/consumers] is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company [has/ has not] disclosed personal information for a business purpose[ to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below].
We do not sell personal information.
|Personal Information Category||Business Purpose Disclosures||Category of Third-Party Recipients|
|B: California Customer Records personal information categories.||
|C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||
|D: Commercial information.||None||None|
|E: Biometric information.||None||None.|
|F: Internet or other similar network activity.||
|G: Geolocation data.||
|H: Sensory data.||None||None|
|I: Professional or employment-related information.||None||None|
|J: Non-public education information.||None||None|
|K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.||
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the “right to know”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to delete”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
- Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
- Calling us at: 855-225-7526 (CAL-PICO)
- Emailing us at: email@example.com
Completing our online form Exercise Your Rights
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information. You may designate an authorized agent by submitting your request through any of the methods above and by following these requirements:
- Your authorized agent must provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request;
- You must verify your own identity directly with us; and
- You must directly confirm that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
You may also make a request to know or delete on behalf of your child if you are the legal guardian or parent by submitting your request through any of the methods above and by following these requirements:
- Provide your first and last name;
- Provide the first and last name of your child; and
- Produce a form of government-issued identification
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- Your first and last name; and
- Your email address
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
For instructions on exercising your sale opt-out or opt-in rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact us at: 1-855-255-7526 (CAL-PICO).
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are age 16 or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years old.
Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link:
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back into personal information sales at any time by:
- Calling us at: 1-855-225-7526 (CAL-PICO)
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or mail to our address at: 3625 Del Amo Blvd. STE 255, Torrance, CA 90503.
We strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children online (we define “children” as minors younger than 16). Therefore, We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children or knowingly allow children to register with us. Any information that is inadvertently collected from children will be deleted promptly upon discovery.
WHILE WE HAAVE SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE TO PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR INTERCEPTION, THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE GUARANTEE OF SECURITY. IN THE EVENT OF AN INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) SUFFERED BY A VISITOR OR USER, EVEN IF WE HAVE PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WE DO NOT WARRANT, EITHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIEDLY, THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY VISITOR SHALL BE FREE FROM INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN TRANSMITTING ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS TO ASAHI GROUP HOLDINGS, LTD., THE USER OF THIS WEB SITE IS REQUESTING THAT WE SEND INFORMATION TO OR CONTACT THE USER REGARDING OUR PRODUCTS. WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ACCOMMODATE REASONABLE REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IN A TIMELY MANNER BUT MAKES NO GUARANTEES FOR THE TIMELINESS OF SUCH RESPONSES. THE USER SHOULD BE AWARE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELAY, NON-DELIVERY OR NON-RECEIPT OF ANY INFORMATION EXCHANGED BETWEEN US AND THE USER OR VICE-VERSA DUE TO INTERNET CONNECTIVITY PROBLEMS, MAN-MADE OR NATURAL DISASTERS, FORCE MAJEURE, COMPUTER MALFUNCTIONS OR INCORRECT CONTACT INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO E-MAIL ADDRESSES, MAILING ADDRESSES, TELEPHONE, CELLULAR, PAGER OR FAX NUMBERS) SUPPLIED BY THE USER.
We are committed to providing reasonable measures, such as password protection, to protect your personal identifying information, including medical information, from any unauthorized access or disclosure. However, when you transmit any personal identifying information, including medical information, through any of the pages on our web site, your personal information is not encrypted using “Secure Sockets Layer” (SSL) encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. There is no absolute guarantee of security. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF AN INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS DESPITE OUR EFFORTS, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) SUFFERED BY A CUSTOMER OR USER, EVEN IF WE HAVE PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WE DOES NOT WARRANT, EITHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIEDLY, THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY CUSTOMER SHALL BE FREE FROM INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EACH CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF HIS OR HER OWN LOGIN INFORMATION.
Our postal address is:
Asahi Beverages America, Inc.
3625 Del Amo Blvd., Suite 255,
Torrance, CA 90503
Attn: Web Site Manager
We can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org